Monday, June 23, 2014

Busy wife, Busy life

Sorry I haven't posted in a week. Life here in Warsaw has been incredibly busy. My father flew in on Friday morning, which was the same day that Percy had to have surgery on his mouth. If you know me, you know that my dog is pretty much my child, so I was extremely stressed out the few days before his surgery. Not to mention trying to figure out how to fill three days with my 64 year old father who didn't want to do tourist things but "see Poland as the Polish do."

See Poland as the Polish do? So you want to get drunk and pass out on the bus, got it.


Because my father was in town, I didn't end up cooking all that much. We took him to a few of our favorite Polish restaurants: Bazyliszek (which is in the old town market square and literally next door to our apartment), Czerwony Wieprz (English name: Inn under the Red Hog. Communist style restaurant - definite favorite of ours), and of course the American expat favorite The Hard Rock Cafe: Warsaw (don't knock it until you've been stuck in another country for a year and you would kill someone for a proper margarita). My father was only in town for three days, so we didn't get to explore too much.


This week doesn't seem to fare too much better in the "relaxation" department. My husband and I are moving sometime this week (just to another apartment), and I have an array of appointments every single day. How I am going to get things packed and ready for this weekend's move is beyond me. I predict a lot of late nights in my future.

With that said - I do plan on cooking this week. My husband is feeling like a fatty and asked for this week meals to be Paleo centered. So I am trying to oblige. I'm sticking to tried and true recipes that have been in my family for years now. I will post the recipes when I have time.

So start to look forward to recipes such as: Whole roasted chicken with veggies and Chicken and Avocado soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment