Sunday, June 8, 2014

Crock Pot Leg of Lamb

One of the most surprising things about living in Warsaw is their lack of lamb available. It was especially hard for my husband who had just come from working in the middle east and pretty much the only thing they eat there is lamb! So if we want to have lamb for dinner - it has to be a special occasion AND it has to be delicious since we are paying so much for it.

This week my husband asked to have it - and since we haven't had it in about 4 months I agreed to make it. I was scheduled to make it today - but last night was the International Womens Group of Warsaw's end of the year cocktail party.

Yeah - I really don't feel like cooking today.

So I looked up recipes for "crock pot Leg of Lamb". I was sure that there had to be a way to cook this type of meat in the crock pot. Of course, there is. I found a slew of recipes, but none of them really caught my attention until I found this one. I adjusted it a little bit, and came up with a pretty amazing recipe. So here you guys go! Let me know how it turns out for you!


Crockpot Leg of Lamb 


Credit: http://crockpot365.blogspot.ca/2


Rub recipe:
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

--1/2 cup of water




The Directions.
 -- Take a skillet and put it on medium high heat and grease
-- Take your leg of lamb and a knife. Stab the leg of lamb multiple times and put garlic slices in the slits. Make sure you do this EVERYWHERE - it makes the meat so delicious after cooking!

-- Rub the seasoning all over the meat

-- Sear the meat in the skillet all over. This will help keep the juices in once it starts cooking

-- Plop that bad boy in the crockpot

--add a half cup of water

--cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.





No comments:

Post a Comment