Friday, June 6, 2014

Cucumber Tomato and Feta Salad

I am not a salad lover by any means.

Every time I go out with my girlfriends and we end up at a salad restaurant my soul just dies a little bit. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with salads. They are just boring. And please, don't give me the speech that salads aren't boring - because to me they are. Even if  you put a thousand different dressings and fruit combos in them, I'm still not going to be impressed.

I want to like salads. It's almost the same feeling of how I wish I liked science so I could have grown up to be a rich doctor. But facts are facts and I just don't (on both accounts). I like meat. If I were a dinosaur I would definitely be a T-Rex because all I want to do is eat meat. The fattier, the better (although I do try to not JUST eat bad for you fatty foods - it's just what I want).

Okay I lied - I'm totally an Omnomnomnivore
                                            

With that said - a few weeks ago I came across a salad recipe that I didn't hate! It was if the clouds parted, the sun beamed down on me, and God said "Let you eat healthy and like it!"And I did. I SO did.

So without further ado:

Cucumber, Tomato, and Feta Salad 



















2 cucumbers - peeled, thinly sliced
1/2 small red onions, thinly sliced
2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup of feta cheese
Sweet & Tangy Vinaigrette recipe
1/2 pound of cooked pasta (optional - not pictured)
Combine all ingredients together and toss with vinaigrette.  Best when marinates for 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving, if possible

Classic Sweet & Tangy Vinaigarette

1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of white wine vinegar
1/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of dried italian seasoning
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

Stir all of the ingredients together. Let sit in refrigerator for one hour if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment