Thursday, June 5, 2014

Southern Comfort in Warsaw, Poland

                                                 laughingsquid.com
                                                 (It's a picture of a squid made out pie. Who doesn't love that?!)





I love to cook. I mean love to cook. I grew up in a family of home cooks. I believe in good food. I think that a great meal can be the beginning of a budding friendship, an apology for a fight, or a reminder of home. A good dinner can fix any bad day (that and a glass or two of red wine) or be the perfect topping to a good one. Food was made to be not only a life source, but a thing of pure enjoyment.

That is if you are doing it right. ;)

I'm also an Expat. My husband and I moved to Poland a year ago, and I have found that food has been a comfort. A southern comfort, if we may. When I am here missing my home state of Texas, I find myself reverting back to my mothers old southern recipes of mashed potatoes or chicken and dumplings. But I've also started exploring in different types of foods I would have never dreamed of eating before moving here. Eating AND cooking! Thanks to Pinterest and my new found free time, I have discovered a culinary mecca of recipes that I find myself often sharing on Facebook or through word of mouth. Which is why I decided to create this blog. I want to share my cooking experiences with my friends, family, and other readers. I want to give you the recipes that have been huge successes for me. I want to share the horror stories of when something just doesn't turn out right and my husband is forced to order in. I want to pass along cooking tips that my wonderful friends have given me. I want this to be a place where my readers come for a good laugh. Mostly of all, I want it to be a place where food lovers everywhere feel at home.

So welcome to Southern Comfort Across the Deep Blue Sea. It will be one hell of a ride, but definitely a tasty one.

No comments:

Post a Comment